#RemoteWorking #stressed #WhatAndWhoDoYouNeed #productivity #succeed
Changing times call for changing needs.
Homes & offices are no longer mutually exclusive.
Business is not as usual, restrictions are ubiquitous, and there is constant uncertainty.
This cumulative effect of a lingering pandemic generates stress which affects the brain integration, making us overwhelmed & anxious.
Constant work further amplifies this stress.
Self-Care Practices for a Healthy Mind, Body & Soul formulates an easy checklist to help you practice intentional self-care.
Here are some key takeaways from the Program to get you started:
- Boundaries are mandatory: Build a routine to switch on & switch off your workday. Build-in specific rituals & definitive breaks to train your brain.
- Create buffers: Meetings scheduled back-to-back are not sustainable. Allocate space for recharging yourself (not house chores). And be flexible.
- Make your workspace a happy place: Design a personalized work zone to maximize your comfort & therefore, your productivity.
- Over-communicate intentionally & with context: Communication is everything when working remotely. Schedule video conferences, always follow-up & don’t hesitate to use emojis. 😊
- Collaborate to motivate: Teamwork is your friend. Fight isolation & build motivation by working with each other.
- Find yourself a listener: Confide in a friend, family member, or a supportive teammate. Sharing makes life easier & happier.
- Prioritize your health: First, eat intuitively. Reach for high-protein snacks & keep stress-busting foods on hand. Next, get your body moving. Don’t be a couch potato!
- Guard your sleep: Sleep keeps your immune system strong, checks in your stress & optimizes brain function. Always important, now essential.
- Make an appointment with yourself: Schedule your me-time to relax & indulge in your happiness. Read a book or go for a walk. It’s up to you.
- Remember to be grateful: Gratitude is a natural stress detox. It will reduce your negative emotions, uplift your mood, and make you happier. 😊
Self-care isn’t just something you do. It’s a constant choice for a better life. Choose yourself every day.
But what of all this turbulence we find ourselves in, you ask.
We will move on. We will recover.
Why? Because that is what we do.
As the French philosopher, Henri Bergson put it: It’s our Élan vital, our inherent life force.
Prioritize your mental health, take charge of your well-being, and everything else will fall in place.
This article is inspired by the ShamanX Program: Self-Care Practices for a Healthy Mind, Body & Soul.
Find the complete plan on the ShamanX app, subscribe to it & practice Self-Care on a daily basis.